Monday, April 11, 2011

Circle and other news


I finally decided to pick up Hordes.  Since there were no Circle players in my group, I'm officially the first Circle player!  This actually means two things:  One, I picked up Circle obviously, and two, I've put my Grey Knights on hold for now.  Many of you are probably wondering why I put my GK on hold and the reason is quite simple:  The new GK book is not the same army I fell in love with those many years ago.  It was a tough choice, but in the end the dudes are going to sit there until I feel the urge to build the entire army up from scratch.  After all, I have Dark Eldar, Blood Angels and Space Wolves to cater to, and some say that's enough armies already!  I'll still play games with the GKs though, I have a ton of friends that started the army as well.  Bandwagoners.

Now that that's out there, let's talk about some other random stuff.  First, I'd like to say that I'm going to be doing a Podcast per week on miniatures gaming.  Most of the time, it will be about 40K but every now and then I'll throw in a Warmachine or WHFB segment.  My friend and I were discussing the finer points of wargaming and we dawned upon something invigorating and fun.   I've seen other videocasts before like Beast of War or some of the battle reports on BoLS and frankly, I'm not too impressed.  Beast of War is too nerdy and loaded with false hope and information and BoLS lacks the tactical acumen that I desire.  That said, I think I'll do my own thing and talk about the finer points of tactics, army lists, metagame and strategy.  I picture this kind of like the Day9 dailies of wargaming, except it'll be weekly, hopefully.

The idea right now is to have a podcast a week and maybe someday expand to video capture where I can show you guys how I play an actual game.  All I do is blog about how to play and why certain things are better than others and I think it'll be awesome if I can actually "show" you guys.  This is the goal, I don't know when that's going to happen, but that's the goal.  Also, keep in mind that I have barely anything painted.  I moved to Cali from Jersey 3 years ago and I've been working ever since.  The job, the wife and the free time I have is dedicated to assembling models and getting them to the table ASAP.  In short, I haven't painted shit in years.  Besides, if you're coming here to see painted models, you're coming here for the wrong reason.

With that said, let's move onto another agenda.  My blog recently hit 300k views and that's pretty bad ass!  I would like to say thank you to all my viewers and I appreciate all the comments and feedback (both negative and positive) so far.  I'm a big fan of honest opinions and I love direct feedback.

I know I'm jumping around a bit here, but some of you may remember that failed blog post I did a while back called "You're Doing It Wrong".  Well, the podcast will be similar to that but with a lot less of me being a dick but a lot more knowledge packed into each session.  I plan for each segment to run 30 minutes or so per episode and it will touch upon everything strategy and tactics related.  This will include how to build a successful army list, how to read your opponent and how to defeat your opponent.  All these things will be good advice for newer players and veterans alike.  Just keep in mind that I can't help but curse sometimes to get my point across.  I view wargames as a man's game and if your virgin ears can't handle it, don't listen to it.  I'm bold, I'm direct and I call it like it is.

Alright, now let's talk about my Circle army really quick.  I plan on running eKaya and my current army list looks like this:

Kaya the Moonhunter & Laris (*3pts)
* Pureblood Warpwolf (9pts)
* Warpwolf Stalker (10pts)
Tharn Bloodtrackers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Nuala the Huntress (2pts)
Druid Wilder (2pts)
Lord of the Feast (4pts)
Totem Hunter (3pts)

The entire army is stealthed and I have all the tools I need to take down jacks, beasts, infantry and whatever else I want.  The Bloodtrackers can Prey something and do B13-like damage from the same threat range and the Lord of the Feast is just a god in melee vs. packed infantry.  The Totem Hunter shares some love with enemy Eiryss and other solos gets hunted down as well.  Kaya is the big player in my list along side her dogs Laris, Pureblood and the Stalker.  With Forced Evo, the Stalker can reach insane POW20 with 9" charge and 2" reach.  Its DEF16 because of Forced Evo, bringing it on par with most Legion elites.  The Pureblood is in there purely as a toolbox beast since he can give Ghostly to the Stalker or Blessed to its weapons.  Of course, the RNG10 POW14 magical spray is also a very welcome addition.  Either way, I got a Feral just in case I need a beast with MAT7 and I feel like I need more anti-big stuff.

That's all I got for now guys, let me know what you think about the podcast idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment