Monday, February 20, 2012

Time limit per turns


First, I would like to say that this is something that I love from PP tournaments.  In the SR2012 rules, players can only take 10 minutes per player turn in a 50pt game.  This is fantastic.  I have no problem with people wanting to play a beer and pretzels game, but when you take 10 minutes to move one freaking jack, then I think that's a problem.  Don't get me wrong, if we're playing friendly loo-dee-da games and we're not playing in a tournament, I have no problem with players taking their damn time.  I just think it's fantastic that PP is actually forcing players to play faster.  This is a skill filter:  Lesser players simply cannot handle the pressure of micromanaging their armies in a certain time frame.  This makes RTS players like me very happy.

I think every miniatures game involved in the tournament scene should integrate something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment